Sunday, April 20, 2014

In My Pocket

Eldra is staying at my house for a couple days while my aunt and uncle are away. She is couching it. She is just super hip like that, and is cool with couching it at a friend's (or in this case a granddaughter's) house for a few days.

The thing is, that I wish it were longer. I love being around her. I love having her here. I love taking care of her. I wish she could just stay here and never go back to my aunt and uncles house. It reminds me of something she used to say to me when I was a kid.

Whenever she was leaving wherever we were, she would say she wished she could just put me (or whichever grandchild she was talking to) in her pocket and take me home with her. It was wonderful to hear that as a child. To be told that I was loved so much that she wished she could just take me home with her. What a glorious feeling to be so loved.

In 1John 4:19 it says; "We love him, because he first loved us."

I think this is why I love her so much. Because she loved me so much when I was little. And now, I just can't help but love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment